Monday, February 4, 2013

12th Annual Edwardian Ball

San Francisco has some great events, if you are into partying, I think this is the place to live. Lori and I enjoy a good party, so we decided to head into The City to check out the Edwardian Ball.



This is an annual event, and it seems to have become quite popular. I believe there were between 1000 and 1500 people stuffed into the Regency Ballroom. And it was stuffed, although there were multiple floors and multiple rooms, people were everywhere, not for the claustrophobic!



The costumes were amazing, some people dropped serious coin and effort to deck themselves out in the latest retro Edwardian/Victorian/Steampunk styles.



Lori, of course, pulled off a great low-budget costume and I pulled off a poor low-budget costume but at least I made some effort!





There was music, dancing, circus acts, burlesque, fortune tellers, mimes, a steampunk workshop, and much more. If this sounds interesting, check it out next year, I don't think you will regret it.